If you are starting to plan your back-to-school shopping, we encourage you to consider this time as one last hooray of summer. Make your shopping trip much more. Make it your last weekend getaway before the kids return to the classroom.
Plan to stay in Roseville, where you will be centrally located to just about everything the twin cities has to offer. Plus, the rates on hotels in Roseville are generally less expensive than in areas like Minneapolis or St. Paul. Meaning, that you can plan a whole weekend to get their school essentials and check out all the local things to do as well.
Let us help you plan your back-to-school shopping trip to include a family fun getaway.
Back-to-School Family Getaway
Where to Stay
You might as well make a little vacation out of your shopping trip. Plan to stay for a few days so you can shop and check out all the local attractions. You will also find many of these hotels have indoor pools making them ideal for families with children. Here are some of the hotels in the area to check out:
- Country Inn & Suites
- Courtyard by Marriott
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Hampton Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Home2 Suites
- Residence Inn by Marriott
Learn more about each hotel here.
Things to Do
While shopping in town, you might as well see and do as much as possible. This, after all, likely will be your last chance to get away while the kids are on summer vacation. We have activities to keep all ages entertained. Here are a few of our favorite things to do:
- Minnesota State Fair – we are just minutes from the fairgrounds, and you will find numerous areas to park and ride the shuttle to avoid parking and traffic. Be sure to read our articles, “Minnesota State Fair -Where to Stay, Parking and How to Save” and “Minnesota State Fair Must Sees”.
- Events – Check out our local happenings, which include live music, theatre, and much more.
- GameZenter – The ideal spot for family game fun.
- Harriet Alexander Nature Center – Get outside and enjoy the last bits of summer we have let. Explore 52 acres of marsh, prairie, and forest habitats.
- Hidden MN – Take the family to an escape room and see if you can solve the puzzle.
- Ice Skating – Yes, you can go ice skating in the summer. With an indoor rink, ice skating is a great way to get the whole family active and have tons of fun.
Other Tips for Your Family Getaway
In addition to shopping and many fun things to do, there are also many restaurants to treat the family. You will also find ice cream, grab-and-go options, and much more. Check out all the dining options to best plan your memorable stay.
Family time is important and we want to ensure you are making memories that your children will remember for a lifetime.