Love is in the air as we prepare for Valentine’s Day. While this time is filled with heart-shaped everything and chocolates galore, it also can feel stressful to plan the perfect day. We get it, so we have created your guide to planning the ideal Valentine’s Day getaway for you and your sweetie.
Planning a Romantic Valentine’s Day Getaway
Valentine’s Day does not have to be just one day, so why not make a romantic getaway out of it? It’s in the name “Rose”ville, making our city the ideal destination for your stay with your sweetie.
Choose Your Hotel
Avoid the high taxes and parking chaos by staying in Roseville. This convenient location will allow you to be just minutes from the Twin Cities. Letting you enjoy everything the metro offers without putting up with the downsides like traffic, high rates, parking, etc.
Here are some options for your stay in Roseville:
- Avid – Part of the IHG rewards program and pet friendly!
- Country Inn & Suites – Part of Radisson hotels and has the option to rent a meeting room
- Courtyard by Marriott – Use your Marriott Bonvoy points for your stay to save more for holiday shopping
- DoubleTree by Hilton – Complimentary shuttle within a 5-mile radius of the hotel & jacuzzi rooms available
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – Part of the Marriott hotel family
- Hampton Inn – EV chargers available onsite
- Holiday Inn Express – Part of the IHG rewards program
- Home2 Suites – Part of the Hilton hotel family
- Residence Inn by Marriott – Offers, and packages available
Learn more about each hotel here.
Taking Your Sweetheart to Dinner
Food is how we show them we care, and dining out creates a true experience – setting the tone for a romantic evening. Here are some of our favorite romantic restaurants to consider:
D’Amico & Sons
Grab a Drink
Whether you are looking to grab a drink before dinner or end the evening with a nightcap, Roseville has some great options for local spirits and brews., like:
Bent Brewstillery – Present this coupon for a buy one get one draft beer
High Pines Brewery
Find the Perfect Bouquet
Flowers are expected on Valentine’s Day. Just minutes from Roseville, you can find several floral shops that will help you find the perfect arrangement. Remember, be sure to plan ahead! As you can imagine, florists are pretty busy during this time of year. Avoid settling for what’s available and call ahead to get the perfect arrangement. Here are some shops to consider:
Bouquets in Bloom
Unique Date Ideas
If you are looking for out-of-the-box date night ideas, we have crafted a list of non-traditional things to do this Valentine’s Day.
Ice Skating – For the adventurous couple who loves getting up and moving while having lots of laughs. Check out the Roseville Skating Center, which has outdoor and indoor rinks. The outdoor rink known as the OVAL is the largest sheet of refrigerated ice in North America! Not only will you find traditional open ice skating time, but they also offer open adult hockey and open speed skating.
They also offer rental skates (limited sizes) and skate sharpening (no speed skates).
Puzzles and Games – Spend a quiet night inside by enjoying a puzzle or maybe join a group for a role-playing game at Gamezenter. You can bring your own game or use one of Gamezenter’s. This unique date night is ideal for those who love to play games and challenge their minds. Or check out Hidden MN’s unique escape rooms with themes like Wizard’s Workshop or Viking Longhouse. They also have axe and star throwing lanes to test your lumberjack or ninja skills.
Virtual Reality Experience – Schedule your session ahead of time and head to Sandbox VR for a full-body virtual reality experience that you will not forget! This date will definitely be one for the memory books!
Head to the Arcade – Rosedale Center offers several arcades where you can enjoy a little friendly competition. Arcades to choose from include:
- Arcade Arena—Enter your private Arcade Arena and get ready to immerse your team in fun and engaging multi-player games that organically create fun social interactions for all players.
- Starcade—The largest collection of classic arcade games in Minnesota. Over 150 machines from the 1970’s to the 1990’s all-you-can-play for only $15 per person per day.
- Playland Arcade—A classic arcade for those who just want to get in a few games.
Special Valentine’s Day Events
That’s Amoré: Valentine’s Date
Date: February 14th
Location: Potluck in Rosedale Center
About the Event: Join us this February 14th for Valentine’s Day for dinner, drinks, and a unique experience of your choice! Potluck brings together 8 dining (and drinks!) choices for you all in one convenient Rosedale location. Take the date to the next level with unique experiences like Sandbox VR, Starcade, Arcade Arena and AMC Theatre, all right here! OG Za Za pizza now open! Also, Burger Dive, Smack Shack, Adam’s Soul to Go, Salad Slayer, Joey Meatballs, B&E Sweets by Diane, and Black Coffee & Waffle Bar. It’s a POTLUCK and everyone’s invited! Now THAT’s Amoré!
WIN! Enter Rosedale’s Instagram Contest for a chance to win:
- 1 Grand Prize to be awarded 2.13 to use 2.14 at Rosedale
- Contest runs 2.1 – 2.13 on Instagram @Rosedalecenter
- Winner notified Monday 2.13 to use 2.14.23
- 2 ways to win: tag the Rosedale post; or post your photo at our sweet Valentine installation 2.6 – 2.13
- Official rules at @rosedalecenter instagram bio
- Dinner for 2 at Potluck at the “Spoon Me” table ($200 to spend, they are actually welcome to come solo, bring a group, etc.) (Also, OG Za Za can create a custom heart-shaped pizza!)
- 2 AMC Theatre vouchers
- Complimentary overnight stay at Courtyard by Marriot Roseville.
Minnesota Ice Castle
Date: January 1 – February 20
Location: Long Lake Regional Park
About the Event: Ice Castles is an awe-inspiring, must-see winter phenomenon that brings fairy tales to life.
CRAVE Prix Fixe Menu
Axels Valentine’s Menu