Did you read our article on where to stay, park, and how to save? If not go read it! Once you are done, it’s now time to talk about all the fantastic attractions you must see at the Minnesota State Fair! By following our tips on how to stay as close to the Fair as possible, you will have much more time to see and do everything at the Fair.
Minnesota State Fair – Must-Sees
Dates and Hours
First, let’s start with the basics, the timeline of the Fair. The Fair begins on August 25th and is open every day through Labor Day, September 5th. While regular fairground hours are from 7am-9pm, it’s important to note that many things like the barns, food buildings, rides, and centers will open between 8-10am. You can view the full hours here.
There is always a ton of stuff going on each day at the Fair. We highly recommend looking at the full event schedule for the days you plan to attend. Must-sees include:
- Married duo Rob Lok and Miss Jane, Alléz-OOPS! – circus thrills, deft pacing, and spontaneous comedy, this high-octane slapstick spectacle excites all audiences with absurd sight gags and visual silliness.
- The Working Stiffs – upbeat combo playing swing-era tunes and originals
- Teea Goans – one of the finest country vocalists currently working in Nashville.
- Timberworks Lumber Jack Show – world-class forest sports athletes compete in a decathlon of timber events designed to challenge even the hardiest lumberjacks.
- The Flynn Hawaiian Show – sassy, one-woman show, captivating audiences of all ages. Her show mixes acrobatic hula hoop performances, contortion skills, and interactive clowning.
- And so much more!
Check out the daily event schedule here.
Rides and Attractions
The fun is never ending at the Minnesota State Fair, and you will be sure to find many things to keep the whole family happy. Here are just some of the attractions to consider checking out:
- Adventure Park – the home to the most extreme activities, which include; rock climbing, skyscraper, slingshot, and turbo bungy.
- Kidway – perfect for families with small children as the rides are kiddie friendly and tons of games to try your hand at.
- Mighty Midway – rides, games, and food galore!
- Haunted House
- Butterfly House
- And much more!
View the complete list of rides and attractions here.
New in 2022
The Fair is jam-packed with never-ending fun. Here are some of the new things in 2022 to be sure to check out:
- Survival: The Exhibition – transports guests of all ages to the world’s most awe-inspiring locales and asks the question: How can humans survive here?
- Iron Dragon Coaster and Music Express – 2 new rides at the Midway
- Eco Experience – displays (a must-see giant loon and an oversized cardboard moose!), plus resources and demonstrations highlighting what you can do to help improve our air, land, water, and climate.
- 5 New Foodie Vendors: Board in the Kitchen, Emmy & J Gourmet, Faxon Farms Pure Maple Syrup, Nordic Ware, and Urban Chemist.
- New Foods – there are too many to list, so be sure to view them here.
- 46 New Beverages
These are just a few new things to see, do, and eat in 2022. Be sure to check out their complete list that is updated frequently here.
Must See Favorites
While these are definitely not new, these are long-standing state fair attractions that are celebrating very special anniversaries:
- Blue Ribbon Bingo – 20 years at the Fair
- FFA – 75 years at the Fair
- Agriculture Horticulture Building – 75 years at the Fair
- Old Iron Show – 25 years at the Fair
Stay Close and Do It All
Plan to stay close to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds this year so you can get there early and stay late to pack everything in. By staying close to the Fair, you can even plan to hit it up multiple days in a row in case you simply can’t pack everything into one day. Plan ahead and make sure you see and do as much as possible! Book your stay today.