It is that time of year again where the snow begins to fly and our streets are lit up with lights – the holiday season has arrived! Not only are the holidays a joyous time, but many of us find this time of year more stressful than ever, so we have taken the liberty to put together your guide to the holidays to help make things cheerful, not stressful.
View our guide to the holidays for everything from events, hotel stays, party rooms, shopping, and much more!
Your Guide to the Holidays
Like most of us shopping is likely on your mind and Roseville is the perfect spot to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list today. Not only is Rosedale Center a huge mall with tons of stores to choose from, but we also have a wide variety of small locally owned shops throughout the city to check out. View some of our favorite places to get your holiday shopping done here.
Make a little vacation out of your holiday shopping trip and plan to stay. Roseville is perfectly positioned as a central location just close enough to Minneapolis and St. Paul, but just far enough away to stay free of the traffic, crowds and the increased cost of paying for parking. Yes, that’s right you will find free parking in Roseville. Oh and did we mention the taxes are much lower as well? Most of our local Roseville hotels also include amazing amenities like free breakfast and indoor pools.
You will definitely will get the most bang for your buck by staying in our beautiful city.
Here are some options for your stay in Roseville:
- Avid – Part of IHG rewards program and pet friendly!
- Country Inn & Suites – Part of Radisson hotels and has the option to rent a meeting room
- Courtyard by Marriott – Use your Marriott Bonvoy points for your stay to save more for holiday shopping
- DoubleTree by Hilton – Complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – Part of the Marriott hotel family
- Hampton Inn – EV chargers available onsite
- Holiday Inn Express – Part of the IHG rewards program
- Home2 Suites – Part of the Hilton hotel family
- Residence Inn by Marriott – Offers and packages available
Learn more about each hotel here.
Whether you are planning a corporate event or are looking for a space to hold a private holiday party for friends and family, Roseville is the perfect location to meet in the middle. Here are some options:
- Country Inn & Suites – Meeting room that can hold up to 25 guests
- Courtyard by Marriott – Three event spaces with the largest holding up to 60 people
- DoubleTree by Hilton – Nine meeting rooms with the largest room being 4,400sq. ft.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – Many types of room setups available
- Holiday Inn Express – Rooms available that can hold up to 60 people
- Residence Inn by Marriott – Three event spaces available for up to 70 people
Who doesn’t like a good deal? We know we do! Check out the latest deals in Roseville to help you save money this holiday season.
Things to do
Food and Drinks
Winter Events and Happenings
November 16 – December 24
Santa Claus is coming to town! Santa Paws for pets on Mondays 4-7PM. Get an entire downloadable photo package for $39.99. Select A Reservation Date Before December 10th and Automatically Receive a $7 Discount!
December 3 at the Cedarholm Community Building
See Santa and enjoy cookies and hot cocoa. Bring a camera and capture a photo of the kids with Santa. Decorate a cookie and create a festive craft. An adult must accompany children throughout the event.
November 18 – December 27 at Stages Theatre Company
November 30 – December 31 at Ordway Center
For All Ages
December 3-4 10am-4pm at Roseville City Hall
More than 50 crafters and artists selling all hand-made items, perfect for holiday giving. Vendor fees go to the Harriet Alexander Nature Center.
November 19 – December 18 at the History Theatre
November 23 – January 1 at CHS Field
November 25 – December 31 at James J. Hill House
November 25 – December 18 at Union Depot
November 26 – November 27 at Saint Paul RiverCentre